Day 3 of Thunderstorms and Rain......

Woke up this morning to the sound of yet more flashes of lightning and thunder.

I thought I would see if I could catch anything, so started randomly pointing my iPhone at the skyline from the balcony door.

There were not that many air to ground strikes, but lots of flashes in the clouds and the occasional cloud to cloud strokes.

I did manage to grab one, but it was very brief and as it turns out the iPhone camera isn't very good at capturing this.....only once I had opened the file in a video player and stepped through frame by frame did I see what I had managed to grab. Doesn't help when usually looking in the wrong direction.

In the video below there is a very brief 3-4 strikes in about 1 second followed a few seconds later by the accompanying thunder.

Must try harder!



Comments

Popular Posts